Modeling 3-D Electrical Harnesses with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire
In this course you will learn how to create 3-D harness designs using Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire. This includes using schematic diagrams created with Routed Systems Designer to drive 3-D harness designs created in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire. You will learn how to route electrical cables and how to create flattened harnesses for manufacturing. Finally, you will learn how to document designs by creating flattened harness drawings that include customized BOM tables and wire list information.
It is recommended that cabling engineers also attend T982 Creating 2-D Schematics with Routed Systems Designer. This will enable you to gain a full understanding of the entire process. By taking both courses, you will learn how the design information created in RSD is essential to fully utilize the capabilities for creating electrical harnesses in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.
You will receive the following items with this course:
- Free Quick Reference Card that enables you to quickly look up frequently-used information when working with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.
- Color student guides that complement the lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises.
- A Pro/FICIENCY account for accessing assessment questions and supplementary training material. The assessment questions are provided to help both you and the instructor evaluate your progress in learning the skills covered during the lectures and labs. The account also provides access to Web-based training (WBT) developed by CADTRAIN. The WBT can be used during class to reinforce the lab exercises and can also be used after the class is over as refresher training. The Pro/FICIENCY account enables you to access up to five CADTRAIN learning modules.
This course is intended for engineers involved in the 3-D routing of electrical harnesses. People in related roles can also benefit from taking this course.
- Overview of the RSD 2-D Schematic Process
- Overview of the 3-D Electrical Cabling Design Process
- Composing Cabling Assemblies
- Creating 3-D Harness Designs
- Creating Flattened Harnesses for Manufacturing
- Composing Drawings
- Creating Harness Drawings