Creating 2-D Schematics with Routed Systems Designer
In this course you will learn how to use Routed Systems Designer (RSD) software to create schematic diagrams for both electrical cabling and piping designs. You will also learn how to create block diagrams to represent initial system designs. In addition, you will learn how to create electrical circuit and wiring diagrams as well as Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P& ID) for piping systems. Finally, you will learn how to use these diagrams to drive 3-D harness designs and industrial piping designs created within Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire .
You will receive the following items with this course:
- Free Quick Reference Card that enables you to quickly look up frequently-used information when working with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.
- Color student guides that complement the lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises.
- A Pro/FICIENCY account for accessing assessment questions and supplementary training material. The assessment questions are provided to help both you and the instructor evaluate your progress in learning the skills covered during the lectures and labs. The account also provides access to Web-based training (WBT) developed by CADTRAIN. The WBT can be used during class to reinforce the lab exercises and can also be used after the class is over as refresher training. The Pro/FICIENCY account enables you to access up to five CADTRAIN learning modules.
This course is intended for engineers involved in the schematic 2-D layout of either electrical cabling diagrams or piping diagrams, and related roles.
- Overview of the 2-D Schematic Design Process
- Setting up the Design
- Setting up the Catalog Library
- Creating Block Diagrams
- Creating Circuit Diagrams
- Creating Wiring Diagrams
- Creating Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P& ID)
- Communicating Diagram Information to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire
- Creating Reports and Other Information