Advanced Assembly Management with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire
In this course you will learn how to use Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire to create and manage complex assemblies using top-down design techniques. Using a top-down design techniques, you start an assembly design by creating a layout. The layout contains specifications and parameters that are used to control the entire assembly design. To start this process, you first create a preliminary assembly structure. This structure contains the components and their hierarchy within the assembly. Next, you use skeletons to define critical component dimensions and mounting locations, space requirements, and the motion between the assembly components. Finally, you create component geometry by referencing the skeletons and sharing design information within the assembly.
In addition, you will also learn how to reduce file size and regeneration time in complex assemblies by using simplified representations. Simplified representations enable you to exclude components that are unnecessary to the current design task, thereby reducing geometry detail and improving system response times.
After completing this advanced course you will be well-prepared to work efficiently with large, complex product designs in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.
You will receive the following items with this course:
- Free Quick Reference Card that enables you to quickly look up frequently-used information when working with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.
- Color student guides that complement the lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises.
- A Pro/FICIENCY account for accessing assessment questions and supplementary training material. The assessment questions are provided to help both you and the instructor evaluate your progress in learning the skills covered during the lectures and labs. The account also provides access to Web-based training (WBT) developed by CADTRAIN. The WBT can be used during class to reinforce the lab exercises and can also be used after the class is over as refresher training. The Pro/FICIENCY account enables you to access up to five CADTRAIN learning modules.
This course is intended for design engineers, mechanical designers, and related roles.
- Creating Design Frameworks
- Communicating Design Information
- Analyzing and Modifying Assembly Structures
- Managing Complex Parts
- Creating Simplified Representations
- Replacing and Substituting Components
- Modifying Simplified Representations
- Managing Complex Drawings
- Advanced Project Lab