Creating Milling Sequences with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire
In this course you will learn how to machine products using Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire manufacturing tools. The course focuses on creating tool paths for milling machines. You will also learn how to complete each phase of the manufacturing process. Topics include creating the manufacturing model and setting up the manufacturing environment. This includes configuring tools, fixtures, and machining operations. You will also learn how to create milling sequences and post-process cutter location (CL) data to create machine code data.
After completing the course you will be able to create numerical control (NC) programs for milling machines. You will also be able to post-process cutter location (CL) data to create machine code data.
You will receive the following items with this course:
- Free Quick Reference Card that enables you to quickly look up frequently-used information when working with Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.
- Color student guides that complement the lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises.
- A Pro/FICIENCY account for accessing assessment questions and supplementary training material. The assessment questions are provided to help both you and the instructor evaluate your progress in learning the skills covered during the lectures and labs. The account also provides access to Web-based training (WBT) developed by CADTRAIN. The WBT can be used during class to reinforce the lab exercises and can also be used after the class is over as refresher training. The Pro/FICIENCY account enables you to access up to five CADTRAIN learning modules.
This course is intended for manufacturing engineers, NC (Numerical Control) machinists, and related roles.
- Overview of the Manufacturing Process
- Configuring the Manufacturing Environment
- Setting up Tools
- Setting up and Using Manufacturing Parameters
- Creating and Modifying Milling Sequences
- Creating and Modifying Hole-making Sequences
- Using Index Tables and Duplicating NC Sequences
- Correcting NC Sequence Failures
- Post-Processing CL Data