Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 Update from Wildfire 2.0
Course Length – (2 Days)
With the release of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0, there have been many productivity and functionality improvements from Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0. These include a new user interface, a consolidated set of feature tools, and the ability to interact directly with models and features.
The Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 user interface includes integrated web and folder browsers, providing easy access to design information and model data. Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 feature tools utilize a dashboard interface, providing simple and intuitive access to options for creating and editing features. Modifying models is made easier through the use of drag handles that enable dynamic modifying of model geometry, and the new undo/redo tool enables reversing of operations such as deleting and editing features. There are many enhancements to feature editing tools, including several new patterning options, and new tools for quickly and dynamically grouping, copying and pasting features. Creating drawings has been made easier using a single new drawing view dialog box that consolidates all drawing view options. Creating and editing sheet-metal walls is now quicker through the use of new dashboard tools that consolidate several wall types, enabling easy editing and previewing of wall geometry.
In this course, you will learn how to quickly ramp-up from Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 directly to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0. After completing this course you will know how to utilize the new user interface and feature tools in all releases of Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, enabling you to improve your modeling productivity.
At the end of each day, you use the skills assessments to reinforce your understanding of the course topics.
This course is intended for people who will move directly from Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0.
Any previous Pro/Engineer Training course and a good working knowledge of Wildfire 2.0 or earlier Pro/Engineer versions. This course is not recommend for first time Pro/Engineer users they should take the Introduction to Wildfire 4.0 training class.
- Introduction to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 interface, major enhancements including web browser, online parts catalogue, connections, emailing parts and drawings, Intralink integration is also discussed.
- Selecting and Editing Design Models including methods for selecting components, features and geometry. Editing features and model dimensions as well as modifying model geometry dynamically with drag handles. Changing design intent with Undo and Redo commands.
- Creating Direct and Datum Features including Holes, Rounds, Chamfers, Shells, Drafts, Datum Planes, Axes, Points, Curves, Coordinate Systems, Reference Features, Projected, Intersect and Wrapped Datum Curves are also covered.
- Sketcher Enhancements including the new Sketcher Palette containing commonly used predefined engineering sections such as polygons. New workflows when using sketcher and sketcher orientation as well as Axis of Revolution, Axis Point, and Sketched text enhancements.
- Creating Sketch-Based Features including the new methods for Extrude, Revolve, Variable Section Sweep, Boundary Blend, Swept Blend, Rib and Warp feature. Embedded datum features and partial shells are also explained.
- Editing Geometry including the new use of groups, copy, paste, and paste special, as well as the new Pattern Tools such as Fill pattern, Axis pattern, Linear and Directional patterns including patterning along a curve and patterning a pattern are covered.
- Managing Design Models including Creating Cross-Sections, Relations and Parameters interface. Layers and the layer tree, using the search tool and managing Parent Child Relationships. Web based feature and model information tools including the new Troubleshooter tool.
- Creating and Modifying Assemblies including the new Component Placement User Interface, New methods for placing components using connections. Dragging components in assembly mode and real time collision detection when dragging components. Undo and Redo now available for common component operations. Assembly layers and assembly features. View Manager, Simplified Reps, Style Reps, Symbolic Reps, Explode States, Orientations and Cross-Sections. Flexible components and component Interfaces are also explained.
- Creating and Modifying Drawings including use of the new Single Drawing Views Dialogue Box which controls Control, Creation, and Modification of all drawing view items. Creating and plotting shaded drawing views including clipped graphical views. Enhancements to BOM Balloons and Repeat Regions are also discussed.
- Sheet-metal Enhancements including New Flat Wall Tool, Swept, extruded, and Hem wall types consolidated into one dashboard; also includes eight default wall shapes and all other wall options. Single operation to create multiple walls and mitered cuts. Unattached walls: New user interface for creating unattached flat and extruded walls. Sheet-metal Cut has been consolidated into one solid and sheet-metal cut tool, now uses the new interface.